Chemical Exfoliation and Peels
At the Canmore MediSpa & Laser Centre, we proudly offer a number of Alumier's Chemical Peels which are customized to your skin concerns and skin type. Chemical peels have widely been regarded as a great way to correct, restore and renew skin conditions such as hyperpigmentation, acne and aging skin. Alumier's Chemical Peels are approved by Health Canada, these peels are meticulously formulated to address a variety of skin conditions safely and with predictable downtime.
AlumierMD has mastered the science of chemical peels with quality ingredients to produce beautiful results. One size does not fit all! The peels are customizable based on your skincare needs. Each peel includes a take-home skincare kit to nourish your skin for 5-7 days post-treatment.
Renew 30 Peel:
Rosacea, Sensitive skin, Hyperpigmentation & Aging
Lactic acid 30%
RENEW 30 is an alpha hydroxy acid resurfacing peel containing lactic acid to exfoliate dead skin cells. Boost cell turnover, stimulate collagen and improving skin texture and tone. This multifunctional peel targets multiple skin conditions, including fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, sun damage, and large pores. The Renew 30 Peel is perfect to do before an event/outing, first-timers or clients with sensitive skin.
BHA 20 Peel:
20% salicylic acid
Combats acne prone skin types by penetrating into the pore to remove debris and excess sebum while simultaneously hydrating to smooth the skin, minimize pore size, reduce acne and prevent new pimples from forming. The BHA 20 Peel improves overall skin tone and texture.
Dry, Normal, Oily, Dehydrated, Acne, Hyperpigmentation & Aging
7% salicylic acid, 7% lactic acid, 7% resorcinol, soy amino acids, and yeast-derived oligopeptide.
The Glow Peel is a unique, professional, resurfacing procedure that safely provides controlled exfoliation of damaged skin. This advanced Chemical Peel is non-invasive, quick and yields great results. Perfect for deeper fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring Improves the signs of aging and hyperpigmentation with less downtime.
Post exfoliation recommendations:
- Use the recommended skin care products following your treatment
- Discontinue use of alpha/beta hydroxy acids and retinols immediately following your treatment
- Do not use harsh scrubs or abrasive loofahs following your treatment. Gentle cleansers such as the Alumier's SensiCalm are ideal to use 3 to 4 days post treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and wear a sunscreen daily.
- Avoid vigorous activity, swimming and hot showers, especially in the first 24 hours following the chemical exfoliation treatment
- Do not pick or peel the skin as this may cause hyperpigmentation and/or surface scars
Commonly Asked Questions:
What are the results from a chemical peel treatment?
After a treatment you can expect to see a fresh, smooth, even and healthy tone to your skin. Advanced chemical peel treatments may soften fine lines, clear imperfections and lighten hyperpigmentation. The results of the treatment are also determined by the home care products you use.
Can I still have a chemical peel treatment if I am taking a prescription medication?
Chemical peel treatments are not recommended while on certain types of medications. Ask us during your consultation if a chemical exfoliation treatment is right for you.
How many treatments do I need and how often?
We will guide you through a program that consists of 3-6 chemical peel treatments 3 weeks apart. We will also consult on home care products suitable for your specific concerns.
Will I experience skin sloughing (or “peeling”)?
The amount of sloughing you will experience varies depending on the chemical exfoliation treatment performed, the home care products you use and your skin condition. The amount of peeling you observe is not an indication of the effectiveness of the treatment.
Will the treatment be painful?
You may experience different sensations during the treatment ranging from slight tingling to the feeling of hot skin. We may offer you a fan to subside these sensations.
Post Chemical Peel Care:
What to expect following a chemical peel treatment?
- Your skin may look and feel dry, tight and appear slightly red
- If you experience discomfort, swelling or excessive irritation, contact us
- Swelling may naturally occur as the skin’s tissue has been disturbed. The application of cool compress within the first 24 hours may be helpful.
- You may experience mild to moderate skin sloughing 3 to 7 days following a chemical peel treatment
Please contact us by calling 403-678-5511 to book your complimentary skin consultation.